Welcome to jameswight.com, a snapshot of my work and professional passion during the week; events and online marketing, plus favourite pastimes during weekends and valued time outside of the ‘office’; adventure, travel and photography.
Professional direct marketer with 10+ years experience, excelling in the publishing, media and conferences/events industries, with global market knowledge and experience in over 15 countries (emerging & mature economies), across 4 continents. Currently delivering the global marketing strategy for one of IQPC’s key divisions, ‘Shared Services & Outsourcing‘, working with a talented and passionate team out of London. Responsible for:
- The execution of year round marketing and PR campaigns for SSON events, ensuring all large scale events are marketed timely, effectively and profitably, within budget
- Managing high level guesting targets and execution globally
- Building relationships with strong associations, communities and bloggers in all of the functional and vertical growth areas in the shared services and bpo space, leveraging their content and relationships at our events and on the website
- Database growth and strategy, including regular gap analysis
- Managing marketing of SSON’s Global Excellence Awards Program to bring in required number of applications before deadline date, and for promotion of nominees and winners throughout the year
- Content Marketing Strategy: Integration with SSON’s community and leveraging content generated pre and at-events in consultation with SSON editorial team.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
– Mahatma Gandhi.
Adventure, Travel & Photography
– Keen amateur photographer, completed ‘Introduction to Photojournalism’ course at London College of Printing in 2004
– View James Wight photos
– View travel and adventure stories here
– Completed PADI Underwater Photography Speciality course, Summer 2009
– Climbed Mt Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), Sept 2009 and Mt Kinabalu (Malaysian Borneo), 1997
– Helped Hobsons Global to raise a total of £17,000 for Raleigh International to build two primary schools in remote Malaysian Borneo, by taking part in 26-mile Brecon Beacons walking challenge (raising £350) and the 10-mile BUPA Great South Run in Portsmouth, Britain’s 3rd largest road race (raising over £1,000).
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
– St. Augustine.